Honey Soy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Looking for a healthy and flavorful dinner idea? Well you’ve come to the right spot. A huge shoutout to Daily Bloom Wellness for letting us share this recipe with you. On their site they highlighted some of the amazing benefits of kimchi––an essential ingredient in this sweet and spicy dish. All of our ferments are rich in probiotics and packed full of immune supporting nutrients. Kimchi in particular has been linked to brain and gut health. If you’re not much of a spicy person, don’t fret! We have Hot Kimchi and Mild Kimchi. Either one will be ferment-licious in this dish.
Thanks for reading and we hope you enjoy the recipe! Don't forget to tag us in what you're cooking. Use @thirtyacrefarm and #wheresyourjar to share how you're enjoying our products.
As always, we recommend shopping from local or small businesses. Any ingredient with a * next to it is one we suggest looking for nearby.
2 chicken breasts*
Full lettuce leaves*
2 cloves garlic*
1 tsp grated ginger root
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp good quality honey*
Thirty Acre Farm Kimchi*
- Start by creating the marinade. In a dish, combine the soy sauce, honey, grated ginger, and garlic.
- Cut the chicken into one inch cubes and add to marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Warm olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add chicken and stir occasionally until cooked. This should take 7-10 minutes. You may need to cook the chicken in more than one batch. Reminder: chicken needs to reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Once done cooking, add chicken to lettuce leaves and top with avocado and kimchi. Enjoy!
Photos and recipe are thanks to the sisters @dailybloom.wellness. Go check out their page for more delicious recipe ideas.